Pages

Monday 16 February 2015

My very first C++ program

I've just decided to get back into computer programming, which I used to really enjoy at University, Back then it was Java, now I've decided to learn C++ instead.

You can download my very first program here: Click Here

It's a tiny plain-text lottery number generator, which will generate six numbers between 1 and 49 and then read them back at the end.

It's crude, but it seems to be working, and I'm thrilled! :)

It's even slightly interactive ... try not entering your name, or typing 'exit' to leave mid-way.

Ok, so it's not going to set the world on fire, but it's miles better than a 'Hello World' program! Also, in case you're interested, it's storing the random numbers into an array and then reading them back out using a for-loop ... all very efficient.

PS: If you use it (and I'm gonna), make sure you pay attention to the final instruction!!!

EDIT: Program above updated to Release build :)

No comments:

Post a Comment