Pages

Sunday 3 February 2013

The first of the diary entries

It's been a huge wait - ok, a week or so - since my last update, but that's mostly because I'm in a stasis myself. There's a big change potentially set for my life, and I'm hoping for a decision this coming week. However, even waiting yields some results, and one of them is I've just started reading this book and gotten entirely hooked. An interesting idea from it: procrastination is our attempt for immortality - our time is limited, but we act like it isn't. Mmm... you want to know the ironic thing? Recently I've been trying to read more non-fiction books to learn something, with the premise that life is too short for fiction. However, after the fourth time returning non-fiction books scarcely read to the library I learned my lesson, so when I had a chance to buy books this afternoon I went for two fascinating fictional novels (the other is 'To Kill a Mockingbird' - I want to brush up on my classics). Totally what I needed! If you pick a good fictional story, the writer will have put a lot of effort condensing their observations and insights into the narrative - which is a lot more entertaining than yet another "How to start your home business' or 'Keys to successful investing' snake-oil non-fiction book. We all want more money, but I really don't think there's an easy way to it between the covers of any book. This is me turning back to quality fiction for the sort of inspiration everyday life seems to be lacking these days, with fast food and fast TV entertainment. How many times have I watched a television programme and then had to struggle to recall what I'd just watched, even while still watching it? So maybe I do have to re-read a paragraph in a book if I drift off into thinking about something else - or just plain start falling asleep lol - but I'll still remember the narrative of most books even years after I've read them. Show me an episode of Survivor you can say that about. Oh, and Romania? Yeah, if you're still reading this blog specifically for revelations pertaining to the country, best you look elsewhere. Things in my life have taken a detour, as it's becoming increasingly clear to me that emigrating to Romania now will be a step back for me - it's still on my to-do list, but I think I'm going to have to win the lottery first or be in the place in my life where I can start a successful business there. I'm not in that place yet, but it doesn't mean I'm going to spend my life just sitting on my hands either. Keep tuned, because I've got a taste for this blogging thing, and we're in for a rollercoaster of a life story yet. Hopefully I have an awesome update for you later this week: hold thumbs for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment