Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

Romanians: eternal optimists

Here's a little nugget I just have to share from https://medium.com/octavians-thoughts/ff8c1a2495c4

When I moved to the US, I thought americans were just too damn positive. There was no way that everything was so ‘great’ and ‘awesome’ all the time!
And then it struck me: it was all just a matter of translation. What if people simply have different meanings for the words they use other than the dictionary meaning?
So I’ve made these graphs to make it more clear what does “it’s a good start” really mean.
Objectively speaking, things probably fall on a bell curve:



I'm guessing many of my Romanian readers are still hovering between 'What is this garbage?' and 'I don't like it' ... give me a chance, and we'll get you to 'Even so...'!

No comments:

Post a Comment