Pages

Sunday 4 May 2014

Country Vibes, Anyone?

If you're anything like me, it's a rare joy discovering something beautiful in a world which is increasingly dominated by negative emotions. This blog, to a large extent, is my Happy Place, and you're invited. Here's my latest discovery, after I successfully googled the lyrics I heard and loved as a backing track in a TV series:


Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros - Home

On the topic of songs about 'home', here's a chance to share a Proudly South African song: Michael Lowman's Crayon Boxes:


Now all the best songs have a moment which links to our lives, and the one above has a cool True Story for me. One afternoon while collecting my wife from work, that song was playing on my car's radio. The very second my finger hovered over 'Home' on my GPS to select it, the lyrics burst in ... "All we need is love, and a place to call home." Poignant? Why yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment