So this got me thinking, what WOULD the best business idea look like? Here are a few thoughts:
- It would be a business you could start up with ZERO in the way of input required - no funds needed, no special infrastructure. Just a smooth transition from 'not here' to 'here'.
- It would obviously require NO STAFF. Staff are a minefield all of their own, with legal issues and sick days and retrenchments and health and safety and wages. Better just leave them out the picture ... maybe do leave room for like-minded individuals to volunteer their own time completely at their own risk. Is that even legal?
- It will be ultimately FLEXIBLE. Are you making pencils today? Tomorrow you should be able to be selling coffee, or the day after that mowing lawns or stitching up patients.
- It will be FUN. Yes, this will be a business that you will personally want to get involved in, because you enjoy it and are personally invested in it. However, that is bearing in mind...
- ... it will be completely OBLIGATION FREE. Don't feel like work? No problem, head to the beach!
- It will make LOADS OF MONEY. Like exponentially. You'll need to open new bank accounts just to hold all the money.
- There will be NO RISK. Without this point, the perfect job would seem to be a life of crime, wouldn't it? However, being a criminal is a risky job - there are those police to consider, the back-stabbing from your fellow criminals, and don't even get me started on how unflattering the colour black is.
And ... *end of the road* That's how my thought process always stops, as soon as I realise that you have to HAVE something that other people want. It's right on the label: products or services. People don't give you money for nothing, or do they? Of course, money isn't the only capital worth having ... and therein lies the secret.
What is it? I'll let you know as soon as I've successfully launched the company and copyrighted it 100 different ways!